Satsang with H.H. Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji (“Swamiji”)
Spirituality in Daily Life
Even though Swamiji wanted to receive his 60th birthday in meditative silence, everywhere he goes it’s a celebration, with the number 60 following him everywhere (60 candles, 60 flowers, etc.). As he said, one can find spiritual symbolism and messages in everything. So for his talk at Golden Bridge last night, Swamiji focused on the number 60, six and zero. As I experienced when I saw him speak last year, he managed the perfect balance between inspiring meditative peace and lighthearted humor to drive home his Universal and valid points. Here are some highlights from his talk I jotted down to share and spark some personal inquiry:
- Life goes from zero to fullness. Have a complete life and a full life.
- There are 6 weaknesses or enemies that can turn you to zero, or you can turn them to zero so they do not affect you:
- If we are ruled by these 6 weaknesses, we are defeated, for they have shackled us and we are no longer free.
- Being closely connected to your spirit counters these enemies, leading to inner peace and happiness.
- We live in a society where no matter how much we have, we want more. Spirituality connects you to your Higher Self so you feel full. There is no need to then keep “filling your shelves with the latest models of everything.”
- Learn how to be desire-less. Live with less. Focus on sharing and service.
- Bring the “Holy Wood” to Hollywood. Connect with your Higher Self and you will be amazed at how full and satisfied you feel. From that point, you can acquire without greed.
- Life is not to have more. Life is to be more.
- Life is not to add more. Life is to aid more.
- Share you wealth. How can you have for all?
- Enjoy what is given to you and share it with others.
- Greed can never be fulfilled.
- When you get angry, you are defeated. When you suppress, it’s the same thing. Forgiveness is the key.
- Free yourself through forgiveness. Karma will take care of the person who has wronged you. If you are not connected to your Higher Self, you will always blame others.
- Connect to the environment. The planet is a gift.
Thank you Swamiji for sharing your light. Happy Birthday!
SHARE YOUR VOICE: What are your thoughts on Swamiji’s message? Where do you feel blocked, trapped, shackled, or defeated? Where do you feel full and free?
Thank you for reading.