I often get compliments on my skin and people generally assume I’m 5-10 years younger than my actual age. I strongly believe that the primary reasons my skin has this youthful glow are the following:
- I drink water all day long.
- My diet consists primarily of vegetables, fruit, plant-based protein, and whole grains (in that order).
- I rarely drink alcohol or coffee (maybe one drink a week, maybe one coffee a week).
- I don’t smoke or do drugs (aside from the occasional hookah, as seen in some of my birthday photos).
- Good genes, happy heart, daily yoga.
That being said, I am a girl, and like most of my gender, I’m really into skin care products. It used to be somewhat of an obsession in fact. However, over the years, simplicity and natural ingredients have come to dominate my beauty routine.
In my search for the ideal cleanser for my skin (normal to dry, sometimes very dry), that’s as natural as can be, I found Gaelle Organic® Soap Supreme Moisturizing Cleanser. I’ve been using this soap for over two years now, and can’t imagine switching to anything else.
Here’s why I love it:
- It cleans thoroughly yet doesn’t dry out my skin. Some gentle cleansers seem to nail the gentle part yet leave out the cleansing. Not Gaelle. She has your back.
- I don’t have to use eye make-up remover. I rub this soap gently on my lids and lashes and makeup is gone in a splash.
- It’s affordable! ($12)
- The scent is divine.
- The ingredient list is deliciously natural: Organic Safflower Oil, Distilled Water, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide*, Organic Palm Kernel Oil, Organic Palm Oil, Wild Shea Butter, White Kaolin Clay, Essential Oils (*none remains after oils are saponified into soap)
For the Angelinos, I get mine at Larchmont Beauty (208 N Larchmont Blvd). For non-Angelenos, check out Gaelle’s website: www.gaelleorganic.com
And in case you’re wondering, Gaelle did not ask me to write this article (we don’t know each other). Her soap is the best cleanser I’ve ever used and it’s made of all natural ingredients! On top of that, she’s a female entrepreneur selling products she created and believes in. I can get down with that.
Take action now:
1) In the comments below, share your favorite all natural cleanser (or your woes in trying to find one).
2) Forward this to a friend in need of a beauty routine boost!
In love and beauty,
P.S. If you liked this post, get it every week in your inbox. Click HERE.