The other day, I went for a drive. The truth is, I was having a bit of a temper tantrum and needed to get out of the house and be in a totally different space.
When I got on the road, I saw the hills ahead, and all I wanted was to move toward them. At one point, the road veered in a new direction, so I made a right turn in order to keep moving toward those hills. I wasn’t using my GPS. I didn’t know where I was. I just kept moving in the direction I felt called.
The site of those hills calmed me, and that’s what I wanted. I was moving toward that feeling. And it worked. Very soon I was heading back home, feeling grounded, and ready to communicate like an adult.
The whole experience got me thinking about the importance of focusing on what you want, then letting your intuition guide the way. As long as you keep your mind on what you want, you will get there.
Easier said than done? Consider how many times a day your mind is focused on what you DON’T want.
- I’m so stressed.
- I’m exhausted.
- Ugh, I hate that guy, I wish he’d just leave me alone.
- Why are my thighs so soft?
- I’m broke.
- I have no time.
Just reading that list makes me feel drained.
Here’s a powerful practice for getting what you want:
- Take a moment, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and ask yourself, what do I want? See what comes.
- Set a timer for 10-minutes and write your desired life in detail. How do you look? What are your surroundings? How does it feel? Who are you with? What are you doing? Where are you going? What are you working on? What have you created.
- Spend 5-minutes every morning visualizing your desired life. Explore the details in your mind. See what new details pop-up. Then say Thank You as though it’s already happened. I promise when you’re done you’ll notice a smile on your face
- Throughout your day, when you feel your mind veering into what you don’t want, change your mantra. Declare what you are moving toward. Then just keep moving.
Power-up your desires! Share in the comments below, what do you want to invite into your life?
Blessings on your path,