Are you familiar with the feeling of being squeezed? Like a giant hand is closing in around you, this immense pressure making you feel anxious, overwhelmed, lost and scared, and you’re not even sure exactly where it’s coming from?
I have learned that chances are, in this moment, there’s something in your life that’s begging to be heard, to be acknowledged. Maybe there’s a big decision that needs to be made, or perhaps you’re right at the brink of a massive realization that wants to come through.
In order for the pressure to lift, you need clarity. In order for the clarity to arrive, there needs to be some kind of release, a loosening of the grip so the insight can come flooding in. This requires surrendering to the unknown, a willingness to reach out for support, an openness to being guided.
Part of why you feel squeezed from the outside is because of a strong internal resistance to a new truth that is rising. It’s probably not deliberate resistance, but there’s a part of you that’s afraid of letting go of a shield you’ve erected, or of changing a deeply ingrained thought pattern that no longer serves you.
This entire experience is very fresh for me because I just went through it. I ended 2015 feeling clouded by fear and confusion, because the year was filled with massive ups and downs and the next logical step forward was no longer clear for me. So I did what I always do in these kind of situations. I prayed for guidance and the only clear message I received was to take a long hiatus from my normal environment in order to gain the perspective I was seeking.
So I did just that. I extended my family visit for the holidays by a few weeks and allowed myself the peace, quiet, and comfort of my parents’ home for some serious distraction-free focused work and reflection. I allowed myself to receive their hospitality and love while I worked through some difficult emotions and realizations.
There were a few things that made this time away truly effective:
- I set clear intentions before I left LA, so I knew exactly why I was taking time away. Though I didn’t know what the outcome would be, I knew the purpose was to find clarity.
- I remained true to my daily self-care practices that keep me plugged into my center, my sources of intuition and guidance, and positive energy.
- I allowed myself to be vulnerable, and vulnerable I was! Some days I was a complete mess of doom and gloom, crying, feeling lost, not knowing what to do next.
- I reached out for support from my family, from trusted friends, from my love.
- I journaled, I talked things out, I meditated, I did yoga, and I allowed the answers to come.
And they did! I had 2 major breaking points that lifted the pressure, released the squeeze, and laid the foundation for clear direction. Halleluja!
Why am I sharing all this? Because the whole experience served as another reminder that establishing a structure of self-care in your life, a toolkit of support, allows you to move through difficult times knowing that there’s an answer, knowing that you will come out on the other side ready for the next chapter.
It’s all about the day-to-day work that allows you to handle the bigger disturbances of life. Not just handle them but actually embrace them as opportunities for change, elevation, evolution.
Maybe you’ve already heard, but I have a program called The Sacred Art of Self-Care, and the group coaching experience is starting very soon (in one week in fact!). A piece of the clarity I received while I was away was to make it more accessible so that women who feel called to the work can easily say YES!
If you’re curious, if you’re feeling called to know more, please continue reading…
This program is for you if:
- You’re a high achieving woman who puts a lot of pressure on herself to succeed and do well at…everything!
- You’re ready to have a different experience of your daily life that isn’t dominated by stress and overwhelm, yet allows you to remain focused on your professional goals.
- You’re proactive. You take responsibility for yourself and for your experience of life and you’re open to learning a new way of operating on a day-to-day basis.
Over the course of this 8-week program, you will learn:
- Your core desires and deepest sources of motivation.
- How to start each day feeling centered and energized.
- How to choose pleasure throughout the day and put healthy boundaries around your work schedule.
- How to end your days with self-care and gratitude.
- How to dance with desire and use it as fuel for all you do.
- How to RECEIVE and how to SURRENDER.
- How to embrace your natural feminine cycles and nurture your creative flow
- How to accelerate your accomplishments through celebration.
At the end of the 8 weeks, expect to feel calmer, clearer, and more connected with yourself than ever before. Your days will feel guided by pleasure rather than obligation, allowing your true sparkle to shine from the inside out.
You will walk away with a solid structure of self-care that allows you to feel nurtured and supported, and is something you can take with you and utilize for the rest of your life.
Here’s the rundown…
The Sacred of Art of Self-Care Group Coaching Experience officially begins January 23, 2016 (though the deadline for enrollment is extended to January 27).
The program includes:
- 8 weeks of powerful video curriculum delivered to you on Saturday mornings, with material that you can put into practice immediately and start experiencing the benefits right away.
- 8 weekly group coaching calls, on Thursdays at 5:30pm Pacific. Q and A format so you can receive guidance on any issues that are coming up for you. I want you to succeed! All calls are recorded if you happen to miss a week.
- A private Facebook community exclusively for participants of the program to share, support, and cheer each other on.
Your first coaching call is Thursday, January 28 at 5:30pm.
Deadline for enrollment is Wednesday, January 27.
To celebrate the New Year, to celebrate you and help you say yes, I’m offering the program at over 50% off for this session. Instead of $850, it’s only $397 for the full 8-week course.
I’m hosting a LIVE Q&A CALL, Thursday, January 21 at 5:30pm, to answer any questions or concerns you have about the program. Here are the details to join the call:
Time: Jan 21, 2016 5:30 PM (GMT-5:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/236665253
Or join by phone:
+1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 236 665 253
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=al0VSEcJXXAY3go4vRdB3y3m8C4HGNk4
If you’re ready right now and you know you want in, please contact me and I’ll get you all set up!
I am happy to report that I am back in Los Angeles, feeling clear and energized, and ready to move into this new chapter, in whatever way it presents itself!
Sending you love and blessings,